An email communication to our clients regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic
We know the COVID-19 update emails from all your contacts are flooding your Inbox. So, we promise to keep this and future updates to the point.
Many of you are transitioning your staff from the office to working from home either out of necessity or because you can. Our team is supporting many of you in that endeavor.
We are fully operational at Applied Tech and ready to assist your team in any manner needed to get them up and running productively and safely from home.
Despite the increase in demand for our Help Desk, we are maintaining our service level responses with minimal issues. Please continue to call on us to assist your team.
Here is a brief sampling of the more common issues our customers are encountering:
• Connecting to company VPNs
• Increase in phishing scams
• How to use Teams effectively
• Moving files from company servers to Teams
If working remotely is a new experience for many on your staff, here are a few tips to be productive and protect company data:
• Install the latest versions of OS and other key software on company laptops
• Ensure everyone has strong passwords in place, or refresh if necessary
• Check for a secure high-speed Wi-Fi connection at home
• Make sure they know how to use their camera – a video-first culture is key to effective communication
• Review security protocols for company documents – physical and digital
• Remind staff to be on high alert for phishing emails and seek verification before opening anything unusual or suspicious
• Use QuickHelp™ learning videos
QuickHelp is a great learning resource for your team. There is a short 20-minutes series on Security training and an entire course with bite-sized videos on how to use Teams. They also offer live webinars on a variety of topics and applications.
If you do not have QuickHelp, contact your Applied Tech Strategic Account Manager (SAM) who can set you up for a free 45-day trial to get your team up and running quickly.
We’ve included some additional sources of information that may also be useful for you:
- ZDNet – Cybersecurity tips for remote workers
- Forbes – 6 Tips For Managing Remote Employees: How to Maintain Productivity & Engagement
- Applied Tech – 11 Questions on Your Coronavirus Preparedness
- ZDNet – Most Ransomware Attacks are After Hours
- NYTimes – So We’re Working From Home. Can the Internet Handle it?
- Harvard Business School – How the Coronavirus is Already Rewriting the Future of Business
- CIO – Business Continuity: Coronavirus crisis puts CIO’s plans to the test
The Applied Tech Team