Applied Tech, Dane County’s largest, independently-owned IT firm is seeking an L3 NOC Tech to join our team in our Madison office. This is a full-time position.
Applied Tech, located on the near East side of Madison in open, spacious, non-corporate offices, is looking for a mid-level NOC Technician to provide proactive and reactive remote support to clients for technical issues, including identification and execution of specific upgrades to customer systems. Candidates must have in depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems as well as Windows Server 2003/2008. MCPs required and MCSA/MCSE/MCITP preferred.
The following job breakdowns will apply:
- Remote NOC Support: 90%
- Onsite Break/Fix: 5%
- Miscellaneous/other: 5%
- Network Operations Center support: Review assigned and unassigned service requests daily, work the service requests to successful resolution following Applied Tech standards, escalate to higher level support professionals when needed, follow up and provide status updates to clients and ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests are entered into our CRM system.
- Perform planned network and system changes and upgrades.
- Provide technology support: Install switches, firewalls, routers, PCs, and wireless devices. Perform proactive maintenance on these devices and troubleshoot hardware/software problems.
- Continuously strive to meet and exceed SLAs as set by Applied Tech
- Commitment to outstanding customer service: Continuously strive to provide the highest possible customer service and make recommendations for improving our service and efficiencies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience as an administrator in a complex networking environment (at least 1 year in a lead/senior role), ideally in a Managed Services environment.
-Recent experience planning, organizing and implementing assigned projects.
- Post Secondary College education (Certificate/Diploma) in IT, Computer Science or equivalent.
-Microsoft certified (MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP obtained or updated in the last 5 years)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure (current versions of SQL, Exchange, IIS, Active Directory) implementation and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of server and storage hardware, Internet protocols and technologies, including network hardware concepts (firewalls, routers, load balancers, etc)
-Ability to work under extreme pressures in a team environment.
-Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with clients and third parties.
-Superior communication skills. (written and oral)
-Ability to create and interpret technical documents and reports.
- Must possess good problem solving and decision making skills.
-Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in processes, priorities, tasks and workload .
-Ability to organize your own work and work under minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned
Practical experience of the following technologies is required:
- Server virtualization (VMWare ESXi and Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL
Experience with the following technologies would be considered an asset:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- Macs, desktop and/or server
Please DO NOT apply if you don’t have a solid background in server support. It is a firm requirement for this position. You will be tested on this during the interview process.
To be considered, please email your resume along with a cover letter and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes received without salary requirements will not be considered. Please include “L3 NOC Tech” in the subject header of the message.